When a customer signs up using email, they should receive a verification email, they may need to check their spam/junk folder. On rare occasions they may not receive it:
- They entered their email incorrectly (eg gmail.com.au instead of .com)
- Their email provider is blocking third party email (for example, some corporate emails won’t allow external email through).
- Hotmail Accounts - Hotmail has a history of blocking third-party emails.
In these cases, steps are:
- Ask them to check their email spam/junk folder. If they can't find the email
- You can go into the CMS - customers - search for them using their email address or name, and click the “verify” button (this appears only on non-verified accounts). Before doing so, check there’s no obvious errors in the email address.
- Once verified, you can email to let them know they can log in.
When signing up via email, the user sees a message on their app telling them to check and if nothing received in 15mins to email you (using the main admin email) - so you can check and verify on the rare occasion the verification email isn’t permitted through to their inbox.